Fastest Skater of India
Skating is not only a good competitive sport but a beneficial activity for adults as well as kids. One of the most popular styles of skating is inline skating. It has great health benefits and can be practised just like any other sport. Studies suggest that one hour of inline skating burns approximately 600 calories.
The activity teaches concentration, balance and coordination. For adults, the best advantages are that it aids in weight loss, helps gain strength, reduces stress, works the core of the body, assists in fighting diabetes and is also good for the heart. For kids practising a sport like skating, helps them develop a positive attitude, be more social, boost confidence, build endurance, boosts cognitive functions and engage in a fun activity.
The imd1 Inline Skating for Hobbyist course offers standardized, stepwise learnings with the right instructions, detailed study notes and explanations through visuals like images and videos. The course curriculum endorsed by the legend Nikhilesh Tabhane, the fastest skater in the world, is designed in a scientific manner keeping in mind several factors for systematic, streamlined learning. The course teaches the basics of skating, right safety gears to use, various rolling & turning techniques, balancing techniques, the right way to fall, slalom tricks, a few artistic moves, history of skating, and the professional level competitions. The course is for learners who might or might not have a basic idea about skating. One can look forward to learning about the history of skating, the gears that are important and some new techniques to kick of the training. Practised as a sport or for health reason, the course caters to both the requirements.
This course is for enthusiasts who aim to start with the basics of skating with the objective to train further or excel at the sport competitively. The course will help the aspiring skaters to get ready for the advance level. imd1 emphasizes that the students start skating in the establishes wat with proven techniques and enjoy this sport.
Let’s continue Rolling…!!!
- Extensive Knowledge of Inline Skating from its evolution to importance, disciplines and so on
- Crucial exercises for warming up before skating and cooling down after skating
- Know about different Inline Skates and safety gears, and choosing the right ones for yourself
- Strengthening of core and lower muscles by practising various skating activities
- Learn various techniques that help skater to skate faster and improves weight distribution, balancing and coordination skills
- Comprehend skating on track, swiftly using various braking and turning techniques with Inline Skates
- Understand the basics of Duck Walk on Skates
- Boost your self-confidence and concentration by learning a competitive sport in scientific & standardized manner
- Enjoy Inline Skating with various interesting techniques, fun activities and games while discovering your own creativity while skating
Maximum age 65 Years.
Students should carry following in backpack:
- Water Bottle to stay hydrated.
- Inline Skates as per Guru recommendation.
- Skating gears (Socks, Helmet, Wrist Guard, Elbow pad, Knee pad and other if any)
- Fruits (Banana is recommended) or any healthy food / dry fruits.
- Tights / Skin Suit / Bodysuit and Towel
- Handy Stool
- 1.1 Basics of Inline Skating
- 1.2 Awareness about Skating in India
- 2.1 Warm Up Exercises
- 2.2 Stretching Exercises
- 2.3 Cool Down Exercises
- 3.1 Know about Safety gears
- 3.2 Know about your Skates
- 4.1 Skating Posture
- 4.2 Hand Movement
- 5.1 Walking on Skates
- 5.2 Start pushing your skates
- 6.1 Rolling on Skates
- 6.2 One Leg lifting
- 6.3 Pushing Skates In and Out
- 7.1 T Stop
- 7.2 Split Stop
- 7.3 Turn and Stop
- 7.4 Spin Stop
- 8.1 Cross Over
- 8.2 Inside Edges Turn
- 8.3 Lunge Turn
- 9.1 Learn Duck Walk
- 10.1 Starting Position
- 11.1 Falling Drill
- 12.1 Basic Slalom moves
- 12.2 Basic Artistic moves
- 13.1 Games with Skating