Padma Shri Tilak Gitai
The Maestro Painter
Drawing is therapeutic for both adults and children. And as one keeps discovering the world of drawing, it is obvious to spark further interest. Interestingly, activities like drawing and painting account for more than just fun for children. The kids who indulge in art from a young age have better evolved motor and sensory skills. Apart from that, they also have higher confidence, boosted imagination and observational skills.
Keeping in mind the various factors, the imd1 Happy Art for Little Artists – Introduction course is created for a stepwise learning. The course designed by Urmi’s Art Forum and endorsed by Padma Shri Tilak Gitai aims at teaching the children various techniques of art and at the same time ensure that they enjoy the learning process.
The kids will learn about the various important drawing tools, the must-remember drawing techniques and the basis of color theory. Further, they will understand the art of composition along with the basic concepts of drawing like placements, overlapping, perspective and more.
They will be introduced to two new mediums of drawing – Charcoal and Pencil through which they study lights and shades. Then, learning of inscape abstract art helps them understand the concept of observational and memory drawing that results in better memory.
The curriculum also teaches them Warli Folk Art and Basics of Doodling. Further, the theories and technical concepts will teach them to represent visual information by means of drawing. The kids will learn about the principle of design – Variety. Overall, the kids are sure to take away plenty of learnings and have fun with cool exercises.
Let’s explore Happy Art for Little Artist!
- Learn to combine two styles of art and come up with new style
- Be able to draw in different styles like Charcoal art, Inscape art, pencil shading, warli folk art, doodle art and more
- Learn principle of design ‘Variety’
- Prepare a sketch freehand
- Be able to represent visual information and compose a representational drawing
- Understand the various tools used for drawing and materials required
- Start using different color schemes and hues
- Be familiar with the concept of negative and positive space
- Know about foreground and background well
- Understand the concepts of composition, placement, overlapping and perspective well
- Apply color shading techniques and patterns
Maximum age 10 Years.
Students should carry following in backpack:
- A3 size worksheets
- Black sketch pen
- Crayns / Oil Pastels
- Wet wipes
- Poster paint bottles
- Round Brush
- Water colour bottle paint
- Specific materials required for each session is mentioned separately under each chapter/part
- 1.1 Understand the Drawing Tools
- 2.1 Important Drawing Tips
- 3.1 Color Wheel
- 4.1 Summer Artwork
- 4.2 Monsoon in Crayons and Brush Pen Mashup
- 4.3 Winter Snow Effect
- 4.4 Spring Artwork Greeting Card
- 5.1 Air Transportation Composition
- 5.2 Road Transportation Composition
- 6.1 Riverscape Composition
- 7.1 Scenery Inscape Artwork
- 8.1 Pencil Hatching Technique
- 8.2 Waterscape Pencil Shading Artwork
- 9.1 Warli Artwork
- 10.1 Doodle Artwork
- 11.1 Landscape Art
- 11.2 Cityscape Art
- 11.3 Cloudscape Art in different Seasons
- 12.1 Botanical illusion Art Daffodil Flower
- 12.2 Botanical illusion Art Sunflower
- 13.1 Flamingo Bird Drawing and Coloring
- 14.1 Hydrologic Cycle Diagram Drawing and Colouring
- 15.1 Design Variety Art with Comb
- 15.2 Design Variety Art with Shell
- 15.3 Design Variety Art with U Pin