The Legendary Cricketer
Physical activity is paramount for the children in their growing years. If you want to consider giving your child a good lifelong fitness exposure, then consider enrolling them for a sport. The reason being, in the young age, the kids are developing their interests, the experiences are forming their thought process and their observations are shaping their personalities. Along with their brain, their body is also growing. Physical activities like running, jumping can help them build stronger bones and muscles, fitter physique and overall better lifestyle.
One of the best ways to ensure that the kid is exposed to finest physical activity is to enroll them for a sport. And what better than Cricket – a sport that is loved and followed by millions in India. It helps the kid refine their skills like coordination, concentration, agility and discipline. The game of cricket is also more about strategies rather than plain bowling, batting, wicket-keeping or fielding. Training in this sport results in development of strategic thinking and reasoning.
imd1 Cricket for Kids - Basics course offers a foundational platform for the kids to embark on the journey to enjoy and play cricket. The kids will be taught in a practical manner, the various techniques, through exercises, activities, games and drills. Each chapter focuses on developing the elementary and essential skills required in the game of cricket.
The course is designed keeping various factors in mind especially the part that the kids under the age of eight are still developing their motor skills, have great ability to grasp concepts and have good concentration power. Heavily practical oriented, the course provides different activities that can help learn different techniques of bowling, batting, fielding and wicket-keeping. Each chapter, at the conclusion, offers VVS tips to the learners. The course is systematized and delivered in a stepwise approach as each learning impacts the future lessons.
Cricket is one tool that can help your child break the barrier and feel good about themselves, have boosted confidence. Cricket being gentlemen’s game, the entire activity aids in making the kids grow up to be reliable and responsible adults. Gear them up for fun experience! Start their coaching today!
- Improved motor skills, balance, reflexes and hand-eye coordination
- Enhanced discipline and endurance
- Boost in confidence and self-esteem
- Development of personality
- Learn strategic-thinking, teamwork and sportsmanship
- Know about cricket as a sport, its history and benefits
- Learn about the vital cricket concepts, skills and equipment
- Comprehend the rules of the game
- Perform necessary warm-up and cool-down exercises
- Get VVS Tips at the end of each chapter
- Practice different techniques and moves by means of activities
- Understand and perform various crucial drills
- Develop a positive attitude to accept failure
Maximum age 8 Years.
Students should carry following in backpack:
- Water Bottle
- Hard Plastic Cricket Bat
- Polysoft balls
- Tennis balls
- Rubber balls
- Batting Tees
- Cotton Batting Gloves
- Abdomen Guard (for boys)
- 1.1 Basics of Cricket
- 1.2 Cricket Skills
- 2.1 Rules of Cricket
- 2.2 Cricket Equipment
- 3.1 FUNtastic Warm up Activities
- 3.2 Warm up with Squad
- 4.1 Basic Cool down exercises
- 5.1 Basic Wicketkeeping Techniques
- 5.2 Basic Fielding Techniques
- 6.1 Fielding and Catching Drills
- 6.2 Throwing and Aiming Drills
- 6.3 Wicketkeeping Drills
- 6.4 VVS Tips
- 7.1 Basic Bowling Techniques
- 8.1 Bowling Drills
- 8.2 VVS Tips
- 9.1 Basic Batting Techniques
- 10.1 Batting Drills
- 10.2 VVS Tips
- 11.1 Game Sense