The Legendary Cricketer
Allowing your child to play a sport, lets them develop varied skills. Cricket being a team sport has physical as well as mental benefits. For bowlers, it is important to understand and have control of their line and length. From the grip to the posture, alignment, each factor is significant. Similarly, for batting, there are different batting shots that needs to be played and the grip, stance and approach to be taken care of. Consistency is at the core of all of this, which can be attained only with practice and continuous improvement. The sound technique that the professionals display in every match is the result of their hard work. And this course teaches the same to the enthusiastic cricket learners in a fun and engaging way.
imd1 Cricket for Juniors – Intermediate course s designed for young learners to get the right exposure and training of cricket. Structured for a systematic, stepwise learning, the focus is on teaching the right skills and techniques to succeed at bowling, batting, fielding and wicket-keeping. We understand that too many instructions ruin the fun of learning the game. Hence, the course has been structured such that each technique is taught by means of engaging and fun games, drills and activities. Also, the various activities are designed such that there is no injury.
Endorsed by the legend VVS Laxman, the course is designed keeping in mind the fact that the kids learn best when they enjoy an activity. The focus is on age-appropriate skill development. The training includes demonstrations of the games and drills. The lesson plans also have the VVS Tips at the end which the learners can take away as a life-long lessons. This course is good for the kids who have primary idea about cricket. At the same time, this course also encourages new learners to benefit by learning the techniques of cricket. The efforts are towards making them participate more and enjoy the activities.
So, give your child an upbringing where they inculcate the skills that will be helpful to them for lifelong. Start with giving them cricket training!
- Practice and perform advanced batting techniques
- Perform different techniques of bowling, fielding and wicket-keeping
- Improved flexibility, balance, endurance, agility, aiming and reflexes
- Understand the points to ensure the right way to practice a technique
- Learn VVS Tips to perfect different skills
- Inculcate sportsmanship, discipline and teamwork
- Boosted confidence, focus and endurance
- Develop strategic thinking ability and judgement
- Learn new skills with engaging activities and drills
- Fine tune hand-eye coordination
- Learn about cricket, its history and its benefits
Maximum age 11 Years.
Students should carry following in backpack:
- Water Bottle
- Hard Plastic Cricket Bat
- Polysoft balls
- Tennis balls
- Rubber balls
- Batting Tees
- Cotton Batting Gloves
- Abdomen Guard (for boys)
- 1.1 Know more about Cricket
- 2.1 Formats of Cricket
- 3.1 Basic Warm up Exercises
- 3.2 Basic Stretching exercises
- 3.3 Basic Cool down exercises
- 4.1 Individual Warm up Activities
- 4.2 Team Warm up Activities
- 5.1 Fielding and Catching Drills
- 5.2 Throwing and Aiming Drills
- 5.3 Wicket keeping Drills
- 6.1 Bowling Drills
- 6.2 VVS Tips
- 7.1 Cricket Shot
- 8.1 Batting Drills
- 9.1 Game Sense