The Legendary Cricketer
Young kids tend to grasp learnings quickly from their surroundings. While playing also they subconsciously learn a lot. At their age, when they indulge in any sport, they become more involved when it is fun to learn. And a sport like cricket offers amazing and valuable lessons that help build physical strength and character.
The imd1 Cricket for Juniors – Basics is designed for kids under the age of 10 to learn and build a strong base of the basic skills of cricket. This standardized course, endorsed by the legend VVS Laxman, focuses on developing skills related to batting, bowling, fielding and wicket-keeping by means of games and various drills. At the end of every session, the learners also take away VVS Tips.
We combine the learning with games because that’s the way to keep them energetic and engaged. The engaging games embed behavioral changes. The activities that teach the learners to never give up despite failure. At this young age it is all the more important for them to develop acceptance, sportsmanship, because when they grow, they can focus on their game and learnt that a game is not about winning or losing. It is about enjoying the act of playing.
The game of cricket is played in team and hence, that inculcates various desirable skills in a child like teamwork, coordination, empathy, healthy competitiveness, sportsmanship, and more. Being high on physical activity, each stance, poise, shot is important to be practiced correctly. Allowing the child to participate in such a sport can help them understand the concept of competitiveness. It is important that a child has a foundation of proper technique and movement.
From improving the vital motor skills, to mental health development, playing cricket is highly beneficial. To get the best outcomes and leverage their individual capability, the various games focus equally on practicing all the important skills essential for succeeding at cricket. The custom-built content ensures that there is no slack in the learning and development of the child.
The various benefits that cricket offers are hard to overlook. So, let your child pick up the gears and participate in the fun learning experience!
- Boosted confidence, endurance
- Increased strength, flexibility, balance, focus, reflexes and hand-eye coordination
- Improved concentration and judgement
- Inculcate strategic-thinking, teamwork and sportsmanship
- Learn different techniques and moves with right activities and games
- Take away VVS Tips at the end of each session
- Perform vital warm-up and cool-down exercises
- Know about cricket, its history and its benefits
- Learn about the game rules, the important equipment used in the game
- Develop an advanced understanding of the techniques and the overall gameplay
Maximum age 11 Years.
Students should carry following in backpack:
- Water Bottle
- Hard Plastic Cricket Bat
- Polysoft balls
- Tennis balls
- Rubber balls
- Batting Tees
- Cotton Batting Gloves
- Abdomen Guard (for boys)
- 1.1 Basics of Cricket
- 1.2 Cricket Skills
- 2.1 Rules of Cricket
- 2.2 Cricket Equipment
- 3.1 Basic Warm up Exercises
- 3.2 Basic Stretching exercises
- 3.3 Basic Cool down exercises
- 4.1 Individual Warm up Activities
- 4.2 Team Warm up Activities
- 5.1 Wicketkeeping Techniques
- 5.2 Fielding Techniques
- 6.1 Fielding and Catching Drills
- 6.2 Throwing and Aiming Drills
- 6.3 Wicket keeping Drills
- 6.4 VVS Tips
- 7.1 Bowling Skills
- 8.1 Bowling Drills
- 8.2 VVS Tips
- 9.1 Batting Stance
- 9.2 Cricket Shot
- 10.1 Batting Drills
- 10.2 VVS Tips
- 11.1 Game Sense