Stellar Dance Artist
Contemporary is a dance synonymous to grace, perseverance, elegance, panache. It is majorly characterized by its versatility as it can be danced to on any music and incorporates elements of ballet, jazz, and modern dance. This dance form is all about expressing emotions through movements of the body and comes from the soul.
imd1 course “Contemporary Dance for Teens & Adults – An Introduction” is designed for the learners who might be completely new to this dance form or have some basic idea about it or have learnt some other dance form and are keen on learning contemporary dance. This standardized course endorsed by the legend Sumeet Nagdev is designed to teach the basics of contemporary dance, the techniques, warmups, turns, jumps and more. Structured in a systematic way, the course chapters focus on providing detail explanations in the form of instructions, guidelines, videos, images and more.
The position, postures, terminologies of this dance form are significant and thus, needs to be mastered. The course is defined in a manner where you will have fun discovering each stance, technique and minute elements that form the fundamentals of the contemporary dance form. Ensuring the learning of the tenet skills essential to succeed at this dance, this course helps develop balance, poise, graceful movements in the dancer.
To provide better-paced learning, at the start simple steps are taught which are the vital positions, poise, lines, turns, jumps, flicks and then gradually a full routine is formed. At the end of the course, there is a complete choreography that you’ll be a part of. This will help the learner get the first-hand experience of dancing in coordination and sync with the other dancers.
Not just that but this art form also improves stamina, strength, and overall fitness. It strengthens the body, muscles, and increases flexibility, coordination, balance and agility. The dance form is highly expressive in nature and has several mental health benefits like a boost in self-esteem and confidence and a better overall psychological well-being. Moreover, it helps build social skills.
If it has been a while that you were contemplating on learning this dance, then now is the right time. As this course will specifically take you on a stepwise learning journey to
If learning contemporary dance has been in your bucket list since long, then it is time to check it off. Learn the right way and acquire professional skills that will help you succeed in the long run.
- Learn the various techniques, postures, turns and movements
- Demonstrate the various positions used in contemporary dance choreographies
- Know about the origin, history and popularity of the course
- Boosts Creativity and Confidence
- Improve balance, flexibility, agility and coordination
- Increase muscular strength, motor fitness
- Enhanced physically agility
- Express yourself by means of dance
- Relieve stress and ensure psychological well-being
- Develop endurance and discipline
Maximum age Dance has no expiration date .
Students should carry following in backpack:
- Wear a Fitted T-shirt and tights/Shorts
- Anti-Slip Socks
- A water-bottle
- Hair neatly combed and girls to tie a bun
- 1.1 Fundamentals of Dance
- 1.2 Contemporary Dance
- 2.1 All about posture in Contemporary dance
- 3.1 Vocabulary
- 4.1 Exercises
- 5.1 Cooling Down
- 6.1 Turn Out Feet Positions
- 6.2 Parallel Feet Positions
- 6.3 Arm position
- 7.1 Routine Techniques
- 7.2 Balancing Techniques
- 7.3 Movement Combo
- 8.1 Let’s Move
- 8.2 Turns
- 8.3 Up and Down
- 9.1 Elementary Dance Performances
- 9.2 Demanding Dance Performances
- 9.3 Ambitious Dance Performances