Stellar Dance Artist
The contemporary word itself means something that is current and current changes continuously. This dance technique is ever-evolving. Continual absorption and reinvention of old and new influences are its core values. Contemporary dance tends to blend the strong and controlled leg work of ballet with modern dance which focuses on the torso. The dance form itself means improvisation. Thus, contemporary dance can be performed on any type of music and combined with any other dance style.
The imd1 course L2 Contemporary dance for teens and adults builds further on the basic concepts. The course endorsed by legend Sumeet Nagdev is meant for beginners who have some idea about the dance form. The course takes you through from perfecting basics to learning new advanced techniques. It will focus on alignments and breath which will thus help you become more aware of your body.
While you learn more intrinsic and combined movements, contract-release, floor work, fall and recovery, you increase balance and coordination, one of the most vital skills required in a contemporary dancer. Getting the correct posture and technique is of utmost importance in this dance form. Hence, the course is designed for methodical learning. The scientifically designed lesson plans will teach you the dos and don’ts of performing a technique or taking a stance. It will help perform the improvisation during the choreography stage.
Teens and adults who indulge in contemporary dancing develop physical skills and training habits that help them maintain better health throughout life. Contemporary dance is about poise, confidence, stability which the course helps you achieve and improve. It not only is beneficial for the physical fitness of the body but does wonders for mental health too.
Take the step forward and equip yourself with the advanced skills and techniques of the contemporary dance form. Start learning today!
- Learn advanced postures and techniques
- Learn turns, spins and jumps
- Perform various vital exercises
- Improve flexibility, balance and muscle strength
- Become more agile and fine tune the coordination
- Gain the foundational knowledge and benefits of contemporary
- Experience different types of choreographies from simple to difficult
- Move efficiently during choreographies
- Improve mental well-being and memory
- Develop discipline and perseverance
- Learn to express yourself by means of dance
- Build confidence in your movement
Maximum age Any age is right age to learn .
Students should carry following in backpack:
- Wear a Fitted T-shirt and tights/Shorts
- Anti-Slip Socks
- A water-bottle
- Hair neatly tied in a bun
- 1.1 Foundation Knowledge
- 2.1 Exercises
- 3.1 Cooling Down
- 4.1 Turn Out Feet Positions
- 4.2 Parallel Feet Positions
- 4.3 Arm position
- 5.1 Routine Techniques
- 5.2 Booster Techniques
- 6.1 Try some kicks
- 6.2 Jump up high
- 6.3 Turns and Rolls
- 7.1 Elementary Dance Performances
- 7.2 Demanding Dance Performances
- 7.3 Ambitious Dance Performances