Stellar Dance Artist
The Bollywood Dance Style is quite famous amongst Indians as well as international audience. In its essence, it is many different styles of dance blended together. When it originated back in the early twentieth century, this dance style drew most of its inspiration from traditional Indian classical dance forms like Bharatanatyam and Kathak and folk dances like Bhangra and Garba. Gradually, elements of other dance forms got incorporated and what we now have is one of the most popular and energetic styles of dance in India.
Bollywood Dance style is heavy on story telling which is why there is more importance of facial expressions. The movements of hands and arms to perform any step are very prominent and have to be performed with much energy and grace. With this dance form, one learns to blend in classical dance steps along with steps from styles like Hip-Hop, Jazz, Latin and more.
For enthusiasts of dance who want to learn an energetic dance form, the imd1 Bollywood Dance for Teens and Adults is the perfect way to start. You will understand the way to communicate a story through performance. This is a chance to master the technical and expressive aspects of this dance form.
Bollywood Dance form is performed on various styles of music which are a fusion of traditional and western styles. The costume is another integral part of any performance and is adorned according to the music and the theme. In addition, most of the times, this dance is performed in groups which makes it more extravagant. When the entire group dances with full fervor on a rhythm with highly synchronized dance steps, it provides a truly ecstatic experience.
If you are looking to learn some fun and high on energy dance style, then Bollywood is certainly the one for you. It will introduce you to a great and exciting world of dance. This dance style will teach you to be graceful, learn how to perform the various steps and techniques and enjoy different choreographies.
No matter whether you have learnt it before or not, danced before or not, you can learn this mesmerizing dance form at any point in your life. It helps one to express themselves and relax the mind. Give it a chance and we bet you will enjoy every beat of it. See the fun and positive transformation it will bring about in your personality.
Embrace the hidden Bollywood star in you!
- Know about Bollywood Dance Form, its interesting history and evolution
- Learn about the right postures and poise
- Learn the vital warm up techniques
- Perform various Bollywood steps and techniques like jumps, turns, twists, and so on
- Discover the various types of music on which Bollywood dance is performed
- Learn storytelling by means of dance
- Gain confidence
- Achieve more flexibility and fitness in your body
- Explore the art of creating dance compositions
- Comprehend the way to work in a team
- Develop coordination skills
- Start to express yourself through dance and experience a sense of belonging
- Experience relaxation and ecstasy through this dance form
Maximum age Any age is right age to learn .
Students should carry following in backpack:
- Wear a Fitted T-shirt and tights/Shorts
- Anti-Slip Socks
- A water-bottle
- A dry healthy snack or a fruit is needed
- Hair neatly combed, girls need to tie a pony or a bun
- 1.1 Fundamentals of Dance
- 1.2 Bollywood Dance
- 2.1 All about posture in Bollywood Dance
- 3.1 Mudras
- 3.2 Hands
- 4.1 Exercises
- 4.2 Isolations
- 5.1 Cooling Down
- 6.1 Dance Moves
- 6.2 Bollywood Masala
- 7.1 Elementary Performances
- 7.2 Demanding Performances
- 7.3 Ambitious Performances