Stellar Dance Artist
BollyJazz – as the name suggest is the blend of Bollywood and Jazz dance moves. Bollywood is more about opening up the body, energetic performance and strong facial expressions. Jazz is more about style and form. Bollywood is a mix of traditional classical dance styles like Kathak, Bharatanatyam, folk dances, Hip-Hop, Belly Dance and more. It involves free style dancing, fusion dancing and much more. Jazz has quick moves, turns, jumps, big leaps, fancy footwork and more. Bollywood has been inspired from the west and since mid-twentieth century, it has embraced the style of Jazz and blended it well. And slowly, the dance form BollyJazz became famous.
The imd1 BollyJazz for Juniors course is designed for students who have a prior knowledge of some basics of BollyJazz. The students will be learning about graceful as well as high energy Bollywood moves and also the Jazz moves. With each dance moves, you learn and develop numerous essential skills. You will learn the hand gestures that are important part of Bollywood style of dancing and the footwork vital for the Jazz style of dance.
Any type of dance is ultimately going to offer the you a chance to utilize your body’s capacity to the fullest and work around the movements of your body in sync with the music. BollyJazz is high on energy and when you indulge into the routine practice, you will have lots of fun.
For junior learners, this dance form has special benefits. The steps and techniques help to make the body flexible and increase strength as well as endurance. The mix of high energy Bollywood steps and intensive Jazz steps will push the mind to learn better coordination while improving muscle memory. This in turn helps to release stress and gain focus.
For young learners, it is one of the best ways to start expressing themselves. They also get trained to work as a team. This course is designed in a structured manner keeping into account various factors important for productive learning for a young student.
To develop the different skills while enjoying is the best and most fruitful learning. BollyJazz dance will help do just that! So, are you ready to start grooving?
- Understand the correct hand gestures, footwork, body postures
- Become familiar with Bollywood and Jazz style of dance
- Train to perform the mix of a style
- Do right and essential warm up exercises
- Attain flexibility and strength
- Improve balance and coordination
- Perform the various techniques like Ball Change, Shuffle and more
- Boost confidence
- Learn to tell stories by means of dance
- Be able to express various emotions
- Develop self-discipline and self-awareness
Maximum age 12 Years.
Students should carry following in backpack:
- Wear a Fitted T-shirt and tights/Shorts
- Anti-Slip Socks
- A water-bottle
- Hair neatly comb, girls can tie a pony or a bun
- 1.1 BollyJazz
- 2.1 All about posture in BollyJazz
- 3.1 Vocabulary
- 4.1 Exercises and Stretches
- 4.2 Isolations
- 5.1 Cooling Down
- 6.1 Feet Positions
- 6.2 Hands
- 6.3 Arm Positions
- 7.1 Step Together
- 7.2 Variation in Step together
- 8.1 Ball Change
- 8.2 Variations in Ball Change
- 9.1 Shuffle
- 9.2 Variation in Shuffle
- 10.2 Jazz Moves
- 10.1 Ballet Moves
- 11.1 Walks
- 11.2 Jumps and Hops
- 11.3 Turns
- 12.1 Elementary Dance Performances
- 12.2 Demanding Dance Performances
- 12.3 Ambitious Dance Performances
- 13.1 Dance and Games